Lately I was upgrading my VIDM 3.3.1 environment to VIDM 3.3.2 using vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager (vRSLCM) 8.1 and encountered the following error message during the Inventory Sync (before upgrade):
I checked the credentials and they were valid. vRSLCM had the correct password for the root account. But I noticed I could not SSH into the VIDM Appliance using the ‘root’ account. It only worked for the ‘sshuser’ account. Clearly vRSLCM needed to be able to SSH into the VIDM Appliance using the ‘root’ account.
This is how I solved it:
- SSH into your VIDM Appliance using the ‘sshuser‘ account.
- Switch User to the ‘root‘ account using ‘su root‘ and provide the password for the ‘root‘ account:
- Now edit this file ‘/etc/ssh/sshd_config‘ with vim:
- Modify the line ‘PermitRootLogin‘ to ‘yes‘ as shown below:
- Restart the SSH Service:
- Now you should be able to SSH into the VIDM Appliance using root!
- This should also solve the Inventory Sync issue in vRSLCM:
Good luck! Hope it helps! 🙂
4 thoughts on “vRSLCM – VIDM Upgrade / Inventory Sync fails with error ‘LCMCOMMON80063’”
I’m running in to the same issue, but I get “LCMVIDMIMPORT0018”. I successfully get ssh’ed in with the root account, but I’m not sure if I did something wrong with the inputs in the LCM locker for the account. The password is verified in locker, but are you supposed to use the root account for this sync request?
Good question; I did not yet find an option to modify the used Account for an Inventory Sync.
For me the error was for the Root account. I did not modify anything special, just a default install if I remember correctly.
The error you’ve received was related to the SSH User account?
I get this error when trying to trigger an inventory sync before an upgrade of IDM through LCM. It tries SSH’ing with the right creds to the wrong IP, even after retrying and setting the correct IP.