Upgrading vRSLCM is very simple & intuitive. Let’s get started!
- Log on to your vRSLCM Appliance and go to ‘Settings‘ – ‘System Upgrade‘:
- Once in System Upgrade, click the ‘Check for Upgrade‘ button. You will be informed that an Upgrade is available as shown below :
- Make sure to create a snapshot first of the vRSLCM appliance, this can be achieved by clicking the ‘Create Snapshot‘ button:
- Provide the vCenter details:
- As with any request, you can monitor it. Upon completion a Snapshot should be present:
- Let’s proceed with the System Upgrade! First vRSLCM will download the necessary files:
- Afterwards the installation will happen:
- When vRSLCM reboots to complete the installation you will be greeted with the following screen:
- After the vRSLCM is upgraded, you can check your version under ‘Settings‘ – ‘System Details‘ for example:
Congrats! vRSLCM is now upgraded to 8.1! Easy right? To me it seemed it only took a couple of minutes.
Now let’s make sure our other products are also upgraded so we can upgrade to vRA 8.1