This error is appearing on the following vRO + SRM Plugins (6.5/6.5.1/8.1/8.1.1) and it has been mentioned on the VMware Blog.https://communities.vmware.com/message/2863861
Case Scenario Requirements
- Use pre-configured Datastore and Protection Group with Storage Replication.
- Select in blueprint if required or not “SRM/DR “.
Error encountered during Implementation scenario
No credentials found for peer of SRM server https://srm_ip:9086/vcdr/extapi/sdk
In a nutshell the solution requires “SRM to get a new token authentication” during the workflow process. Basically what you need to do is below:
- Add workflow for Login to Remote Site ( This will generate a new authentication token)
- Convert VM to UnassignedReplicateVM ( Makes sure if any protection group is in place get’s cleanup)
- Add Replicated VM to vSphere Replication Group ( In case you have vSphere Replication / if you have Storage Replication you may ignore this part )
- Protect Virtual Machine
Working like a charm!! 🙂
End to End – Scenario Requirement
- After sending Parameters from vRA to vRO via custom properties
- Reading it 🙂
- Check for DisasterRecovery true/false
- Find vmName to match vmObject (vCenter vm)
- Prepare remaining items (SRM Server / Protection Group)
This item I won’t enter in details because I had to create multi tenant environment and search in configuration elementsfor specific vCenters & SRM Servers …. too complex for only adding your SRM/PG into properties. You may just simply make it fixed value for your environment as Attributes reading from a configuration element.
- Last step where the solution took place
Special Help and BIG THANKS to
Katherine Skilling (https://kskilling.com/) helping me for couple of hours to find this solution.
If you would like to know a bit more about SRM and vRO Plugin related with vSprehere Replication, please please pay visit to her’s blog.