When powering on my vRA 8 lab today I was greeted with the following message:
vRA 8 licenses are managed via LCM. So I decided to update my license via LCM; however that attempt resulted in an LCM Error: LCMVRAVACONFIG590007 ‘Failed to get vRA License Key’
The steps to fix it are:
- Remove & Add License via vRACLI using SSH on vRA Appliance
- Inventory Sync of the vRA 8 Environment via LCM
- Retrust with Identity Manager via LCM
Run vRACLI Commands
- SSH to your vRA 8 Appliance
- Run the following VRACLI commands:
#### Retrieve Installed License on vRA 8 vracli license #### Remove the Expired / Faulty License vracli license remove <License_Key> #### Add new valid License vracli license add <License_Key> #### When you check the license now, it should state 'valid: true'
Inventory Sync of the vRA 8 Environment via LCM
- Log on to your LCM Appliance and go to your vRA 8 Environment
- On your vRA 8 Environment click ‘Trigger Inventory Sync‘
- Wait for the Request to complete
The last step is to run the ‘Retrust with Identity Manager’ action on your vRA 8 Environment in LCM.
Retrust with Identity Manager via LCM
- On your vRA 8 Environment, click ‘Retrust with Identity Manager‘
- Wait for the Request to complete (took around 20min. in my environment).
Hopefully this can be of assistance! Have a nice day!